Plans for upcoming Speakers include the following:
Our guest speaker for the June 12th meeting is Dr. Glen Jamieson, Parksville, Featuring interesting features of gardens in Denmark and Sweden, Sex Lives of Plants (brief educational add-on)
Scott Stevenson, Van Isle Water, Victoria
Small Fruits: The
Bernie Dinter, Cowichan Valley
PREVIOUS GUEST SPEAKERS INCLUDED THE FOLLOWING
- May 8th, 2019, Zac Kregosky Xeriscape Gardening
- April 10th, 2019 Lynda Smith Succession Planting in the Vegetable Garden
- March 13,2019 Anna Colangeli. Exploring the Role of Genetic Research in the Garden
- January 9, 2019 Bill Jones. Edible Wild Foods
- November 14, 2018 Jay Rostogi. Invasive Plants.
- October 10, 2018 Jeff de Jong. Getting Ready for Winter Gardening.
- September 12, 2018 Pip Woodcock spoke on Greenhouses, Garden Rooms and Other Gems.
- June 13, 2018 Dr. Glen Jamieson spoke on his three-week Sikkim, India Rhododendron Tour.
- May 9, 2018 Solara Goldwynn. ‘Urban Food Production – Year-Round Abundance at the Nourish Kitchen Garden’ As promised, HERE is the link to Tayler’s YouTube video on creating a wicking bed.
- April 11, 2018 Lynda Dowling. “Patio Passion” Lynda’s “recipes” for fertilizers & luscious lavender treats, as well as her Edible Flower List, can be accessed from our Articles of Interest page.
- March 14, 2018 Sara Wickham. “A Guide to the Ecology, Identification, and Food Preparation of Local Seaweeds”
- February 21, 2018 Dan Jason from Saltspring Seed Co. Growing More Food in Uncertain Times.
- January 10, 2018 Sandra Stevenson presented Northern France: A Well-kept Secret! You can view a summary and some of her images in our Photo Gallery.
- November 8, 2017 Barrie Agar spoke on “Gardening for your site”.
- October 11, 2017 Lorraine Locherty. “Shrubs that Shine in the Winter Garden”
- September 13, 2017 Lynda Smith presented “Lawns to Food.”
- June 14, 2017 Bill Dumont spoke on his tour of the Gardens of New Zealand.
- May 10, 2017 Malcolm Ho-You spoke on Shrub and Tree Peonies.
- April 12, 2017 Diane Pierce spoke on Spring Colour in the Garden. Notes on her talk can be found on our Blog via the Articles of Interest page.
- March 8, 2017 Tracy Ferreira spoke on Integrated Pest Management
- January 11, 2017 Niki Strutynski spoke on the principles of organic agriculture
- December 14, 2016 Members Karen Wade, Susan Scott, Wilma Harvie, Jean Addison and Judith Henderson each presented us with interesting gardening information, or beautiful images.
- November 9, 2016 Ted Leischner. The Importance of Pollinator Friendly Landscapes
- October 12, 2016 Eryl Morton spoke on Gardens of South Africa
- September 14, 2016 Bernie Dinter spoke on Gardening: Its changing focus
- June 8, 2016 Tony Irwin spoke on Keyhole Gardening.
- May 11, 2016 Mary Sanh spoke on “Succulents – The Ultimate Easy Care Plant”.
- April 13, 2016 Gordon Murray spoke on Trilliums.
- March 9, 2016 Linda Gilkeson spoke on “Resilient Food Gardens for a Changing Climate”
- February 10, 2016 Jeff de Jong spoke on ‘Plants to Love’.
- January 13, 2016 Bill Dumont, organizer and tour leader of the Cowichan Valley Rhododendron Society 2015 tour of gardens of SW England.
- November 11, 2015 Michael Langkammer. His topic was ‘Creative Uses of Natural Materials in Making Christmas Wreaths and Table Decorations’.
- October 14, 2015 Ann Nightingale. Her slide illustrated presentation was “Birds in Your Backyard: Attracting Birds to Your Garden Throughout the Year”.
When Available: Member Powerpoints will be featured when time is available at meetings. Create your own from your digital photos, or contact a member of the Speaker committee to connect you with someone who can help.