President's Report for June 2017CVGC Members, this is the monthly report on the Club and it's activities.
Hello. As Vice-President I’ll be chairing the garden club meeting on June 14th. At this time I’d like to thank Norman for his amazing enthusiasm and generosity towards the garden club. He opened his home for the drip irrigation workshop as well as garden club executive meetings. As President of the garden club he’s had a bit of a roller coaster ride dealing with sound systems, bring your own tea cups, cancelling February’s meeting due to snow, and the disposal of a much beloved library, to name just a few. Norman is stepping aside to address some health concerns and we hope he has much smoother sailing in his recovery. We wish him all the best. Don Sinclair (Past President) will be chairing the September meetings. Val Lynch will take on the Treasurer’s duties while Wendy May is away. The 4 Directors are Dawn Clemens, Susan Scott, Joanne Licsko, and Eve Savory. Since our last meeting we’ve had a very successful flower show and wonderful workshops. Presentation of awards for the flower show will be done at the meeting. Vice President Willie Harvie
Set up Team – Sylvia Scott’s Team #5 Tea Team – Team #4 – currently led by Stephanie Walter.
Parlour Show for June
- Summer Fun: a design conveying a summer sport or activity.
- Ganges River: a design representing the river and/or its region.
- Green Explosion: a design featuring green leafy vegetables.
- Iris, Bearded: one cut, any variety.
- Pink Flower: one cut, any pink flower (not a rose)
- Rose: one bloom, any variety (no side buds)
- Rose: one spray or cluster, any variety
- Rose: miniature – one spray.
- Lily: one cut, any variety
- Strawberries: five specimens, one variety, plate provided.
- Anything goes – non- competitive
- Photo: Garden Fun/Garden Art