- Cold weather has hampered completing preparation of garden.
- Onion seedlings are about 3 inches tall in their pots, started in the house and now out in the sunroom. Three kinds Stuttgarter, Wethersfield Red and Walla Walla. One more variety just planted.
- Also Chinese Pink Celery is up in pots.
- Just planting seeds for tomatoes, tomatillos, eggplants, cabbage, a few lettuce for head start, broccoli, cauliflower and peppers. In house on heating mats.
- Want to get enough of the beds with amendments added to plant new greens especially Chinese greens and the sweet peas maybe next week.
- Adding leaf mulch composted organic manure and my own compost.. Also the mixture of minerals called Complete Organic Fertilizer from Steve Solomon’s book “Gardening When It Counts”.
- Garlic is up nicely and some Chinese greens have overwintered and starting to grow.
- Will be cleaning out the strawberry bed shortly.
Posted in Linda's Garden Chat