Garden Chat – April 11, 2018
Hoping for a weather change, it is very wet and cold.
- Planted outdoors Chinese greens, lettuce, radish, kale, chicory, endive
- Started regular cabbage and Napa cabbage are waiting in the greenhouse in flats; these were started indoors
- Currently plant sitting my new starts – tomatoes, eggplants, peppers and tomatillos
- Ground cherries did not come up and haven’t retried them
- All beds except the greenhouse and one bed with last year’s greens have been amened with seaweed, COF, and compost
- All but one bed has had three or so inches of new organic peat loam & composted organic steer manure soil added for planting. No digging.
- Had 10 yards of organic soil delivered from Cinnabar Farms. Very pleased with it.
- Newly build beds of roofing tin, 4 x 9 x 2 ½ feet have been filled and amended plus two furnace ducts modified for beds for greens.
- Will plant some of the carrots, beets and kohlrabi next week in the sunshine!!
Posted in Linda's Garden Chat