There will be no speaker for the December 13th. meeting. Instead we will have a couple of member image presentations, and some musical entertainment.
PREVIOUS GUEST SPEAKERS INCLUDED THE FOLLOWING:
- November 8, 2017 Barrie Agar spoke on "Gardening for your site”.
- October 11, 2017 Lorraine Locherty. "Shrubs that Shine in the Winter Garden"
- September 13, 2017 Lynda Smith presented “Lawns to Food.”
- June 14, 2017 Bill Dumont spoke on his tour of the Gardens of New Zealand.
- May 10, 2017 Malcolm Ho-You spoke on Shrub and Tree Peonies.
- April 12, 2017 Diane Pierce spoke on Spring Colour in the Garden. Notes on her talk can be found on our Blog via the Articles of Interest page.
- March 8, 2017 Tracy Ferreira spoke on Integrated Pest Management
- January 11, 2017 Niki Strutynski spoke on the principles of organic agriculture
- December 14, 2016 Members Karen Wade, Susan Scott, Wilma Harvie, Jean Addison and Judith Henderson each presented us with interesting gardening information, or beautiful images.
- November 9, 2016 Ted Leischner. The Importance of Pollinator Friendly Landscapes
- October 12, 2016 Eryl Morton spoke on Gardens of South Africa
- September 14, 2016 Bernie Dinter spoke on Gardening: Its changing focus
- June 8, 2016 Tony Irwin spoke on Keyhole Gardening.
- May 11, 2016 Mary Sanh spoke on “Succulents – The Ultimate Easy Care Plant”.
- April 13, 2016 Gordon Murray spoke on Trilliums.
- March 9, 2016 Linda Gilkeson spoke on “Resilient Food Gardens for a Changing Climate”
- February 10, 2016 Jeff de Jong spoke on ‘Plants to Love’.
- January 13, 2016 Bill Dumont, organizer and tour leader of the Cowichan Valley Rhododendron Society 2015 tour of gardens of SW England.
- November 11, 2015 Michael Langkammer. His topic was ‘Creative Uses of Natural Materials in Making Christmas Wreaths and Table Decorations’.
- October 14, 2015 Ann Nightingale. Her slide illustrated presentation was “Birds in Your Backyard: Attracting Birds to Your Garden Throughout the Year”.
When Available: Member Powerpoints will be featured when time is available at meetings. Create your own from your digital photos, or contact a member of the Speaker committee to connect you with someone who can help.