The speaker for the February 21st. meeting will be Dan Jason from Saltspring Seed Co. Growing More Food in Uncertain Times.
Dan has been a passionate gardener since he planted his back yard at the age of 13 in Montreal. He is a very busy writer, lecturer and into his 31st year of running Saltspring Seed Company offering hundreds of varieties of open pollinated and untreated vegetable, grain, herb and flower seeds adapted to west coast growing. We are pleased Dan has taken time from his very busy schedule to his share his vast knowledge with us and conveniently, he will bring along his books and seeds for members to purchase.
Read more about Dan HERE.
- January 10, 2018 Sandra Stevenson presented Northern France: A Well-kept Secret! You can view a summary and some of her images in our Photo Gallery.
- November 8, 2017 Barrie Agar spoke on “Gardening for your site”.
- October 11, 2017 Lorraine Locherty. “Shrubs that Shine in the Winter Garden”
- September 13, 2017 Lynda Smith presented “Lawns to Food.”
- June 14, 2017 Bill Dumont spoke on his tour of the Gardens of New Zealand.
- May 10, 2017 Malcolm Ho-You spoke on Shrub and Tree Peonies.
- April 12, 2017 Diane Pierce spoke on Spring Colour in the Garden. Notes on her talk can be found on our Blog via the Articles of Interest page.
- March 8, 2017 Tracy Ferreira spoke on Integrated Pest Management
- January 11, 2017 Niki Strutynski spoke on the principles of organic agriculture
- December 14, 2016 Members Karen Wade, Susan Scott, Wilma Harvie, Jean Addison and Judith Henderson each presented us with interesting gardening information, or beautiful images.
- November 9, 2016 Ted Leischner. The Importance of Pollinator Friendly Landscapes
- October 12, 2016 Eryl Morton spoke on Gardens of South Africa
- September 14, 2016 Bernie Dinter spoke on Gardening: Its changing focus
- June 8, 2016 Tony Irwin spoke on Keyhole Gardening.
- May 11, 2016 Mary Sanh spoke on “Succulents – The Ultimate Easy Care Plant”.
- April 13, 2016 Gordon Murray spoke on Trilliums.
- March 9, 2016 Linda Gilkeson spoke on “Resilient Food Gardens for a Changing Climate”
- February 10, 2016 Jeff de Jong spoke on ‘Plants to Love’.
- January 13, 2016 Bill Dumont, organizer and tour leader of the Cowichan Valley Rhododendron Society 2015 tour of gardens of SW England.
- November 11, 2015 Michael Langkammer. His topic was ‘Creative Uses of Natural Materials in Making Christmas Wreaths and Table Decorations’.
- October 14, 2015 Ann Nightingale. Her slide illustrated presentation was “Birds in Your Backyard: Attracting Birds to Your Garden Throughout the Year”.
When Available: Member Powerpoints will be featured when time is available at meetings. Create your own from your digital photos, or contact a member of the Speaker committee to connect you with someone who can help.